Monday, March 19, 2012

I am Mountain Woman hear me ROAR!

Okay so I know I haven't posted in awhile, but it just so happens that I got home early enough to spend 2 hours shoveling my car out of 3 foot burm and I figured..."What an accomplishment. Spend 9 hours at work, come home and un-bury the car...I should post about this" like anyone cares...BUT I DO because I am all alone yet again to deal with bad weather, broken water heaters, non-draining showers, and dripping faucets. God bless Superman who is my father and the source of sustenance who is my mother; without them I would have a flooded house and an empty belly. So while I am here typing I might has well complain, my one moment so please let me vent. Since my last post Jarvis has started a job that requires night shift hours so of course as I leave to go to work, he is coming home and when he leaves for work I am just coming home. For the next few months I get to see him for a whopping 6 hours before he leaves to go back to work...may I say that the days he is off I am once again on my way to work either at the shop or the school. With Mom and I alternating weekends off I do get to spend a whole day with him so that is a little better...okay back to my venting. Whenever Jarvis is home nothing happens. As soon as he starts his week it's like God says..."Oooo she's alone lets see what happens if I make the water heater bust a water converter, or clog the shower, or toilet, or how about I make it rain cats and dogs, ooo even better lets make it snow 2 feet!" Proof that God has a sense of humor. I may vent, but in the end I guess it makes me even more independent...like that was a problem in the first place. Jarv always says I have become soft after I started dating him, but who can fix a water heater, or un-stick a snowed in car, un-clog a shower or toilet, or kill spiders the size of my palm...yeah that's right ME!!!!! Soft my A$#! I can make a meal out of nothing and have had to do it on many occasions. I'll give you soft, come to my door threatening me and I will beat you down with my shovel, that's right my shovel! Guns, I have 'em but my bro's would be a little disappointed I didn't use my fists first! I am Mountain Woman hear me ROAR! Speaking of shovels here are 2 pictures of my car endeavor... Not very good pictures but the first one was where it was parked during the entire storm. Burm high on one side and not on the other and about 3 feet of snow on top of the car. The second is where it is parked now until tomorrow evening when I have the time to get to the gas station to put gas in it. I shoveled that driveway for an hour and half at 3 in the morning! Soft? I think NOT!





*NOTE: Okay so 3 feet is nothing compared to what we had last winter, but hey still an accomplishment especially after working all day.

1 comment:

  1. Yup, you pretty much ROCK!!! Go, mountain woman, you! Soft...Pshaw. Not you! I feel your pain though. It kinda sucks feeling like you have to do everything yourself. Though it does make for some awesome bragging rights later on. "Yeah I built that. By myself. I fixed that too. By myself! What."

    ReplyDelete